Panasonic announced the new 10x optical zoom powered Lumix SZ7 and SZ1 digital cameras that offer HD Video and 25mm wide-angle lens in a compact body. The 14-megapixel Lumix SZ7 can shoot full HD videos and with Light Speed AF, it has a super-fast focus response time of approximately 0.1 second – making it easy to capture spontaneous must-have photos. On the other hand, the 16-megapixel Lumix SZ1 features 720p HD video recording capabilities.
The Lumix SZ7 and Lumix SZ1 feature two new shooting modes – Miniature Effect and Panorama Shot. In Miniature Effect mode, the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast is emphasized to make the picture like a diorama. Video recorded in Miniature Effect mode is played back in 10x fast-forwarding, making it comical and fun to watch. Panorama Shot makes it possible to shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image by taking consecutive shots and then overlaying the photos for the effect of a panoramic photo.
To help ensure the LUMIX SZ7 and SZ1 are easy to use, both digital cameras feature Panasonic’s popular iA (Intelligent Auto) mode. In iA mode, a suite of technologies are automatically engaged and the camera chooses the best setting based on the shooting environment. For instance, iA includes the new High Dynamic Range (on the SZ7 only), Intelligent Handheld Nightshot (on the SZ7 only) and Motion Deblur (on the SZ7 only) together with AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, MEGA O.I.S., Face Recognition (on the SZ7 only)/Face Detection (on the SZ1 only), Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure.
Other features of the new LUMIX SZ-Series include:
– 3in LCD that automatically adjusts the backlight based on the environment’s lighting
– The LUMIX SZ7 features a MOS sensor to support full-HD video, while the LUMIX SZ1 features a CCD sensor
– USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply
– 3D Photo Mode allows the user to take 20 panning shots and then the camera automatically selects the two most
suitable images – one for the right eye and one for the left eye – to synthesize a 3D composite. Available on the
LUMIX SZ7 only
– Dedicated video record button which lets users instantly start recording a video without having to make any extra
settings. Additionally, the full 10x optical zoom is available in video recording mode
– High-quality stereo sound via Dolby Digital Stereo Creator accompanies the realistic HD videos. The stereo zoom
microphone comes with zoom noise reduction system and the Wind Cut function that blocks noise from background wind