Microsoft has released the first Service Pack for its widely popular Office suite, Office 2010. The update KB2460049 can be downloaded from the links below or you can wait for the update to appear in Windows Update. Some of the bug fixes, improvements are as follows:
– Outlook fixes an issue where “Snooze Time” would not reset between appointments.
– The default behavior for PowerPoint “Use Presenter View” option changed to display the slide show on the secondary monitor.
– Integrated community content in the Access Application Part Gallery.
– Better alignment between Project Server and SharePoint Server browser support.
– Improved backup / restore functionality for SharePoint Server
– The Word Web Application extends printing support to “Edit Mode.”
– Project Professional now synchronizes scheduled tasks with SharePoint task lists.
– Internet Explorer 9 “Native” support for Office Web Applications and SharePoint
– Office Web Applications Support for Chrome
– Inserting Charts into Excel Workbooks using Excel Web Application
– Support for searching PPSX files in Search Server
– Visio Fixes scaling issues and arrowhead rendering errors with SVG export
– Proofing Tools improve spelling suggestions in Canadian English, French, Swedish and European Portuguese.
– Outlook Web Application Attachment Preview (with Exchange Online only)