Research in Motion (RIM) along Airtel, Reliance (GSM) and Vodafone have introduced Blackberry Bold in India. All the operators will sell at a pre-determined price of Rs. 34,990 ($755) with the difference in the launch dates. While Airtel and Vodafone will bring the phone by the end of this month, Reliance users will be able to buy it by the end of the October.
Network: Tri-band HSDPA and quad-band EDGE support for global roaming
Dimensions: 114mm x 66mm x 15mm
Weight: 136 grams
Display: HVGA (480×320 resolution at 217 ppi) color display
GPS: Built-in GPS with geotagging and Blackberry Maps
Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g), USB 2.0, Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP
Memory:1GB internal memory; expandable via microSD/SDHC cards (up to 16GB)
Camera: 2 megapixel camera
Battery : 1500 mAhr battery
– Enhanced, HTML browser that delivers high performance web browsing with desktop-style depiction.
– DataViz Documents To Go preinstalled, enabling customers to edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint files on the smartphone.
– BlackBerry Desktop Manager software, which includes Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry, a powerful media manager application that allows users to easily manage media files on their computer and transfer them to the smartphone; the BlackBerry Bold also comes with the new BlackBerry Media Sync application for customers that want a simple way to sync their iTunes® digital music collections with the smartphone.
– Instant messaging with BlackBerry Messenger, Google Talk, Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger.
– Support for the Facebook for BlackBerry Smartphones application, which enables fast, streamlined and optimized mobile access to the popular Facebook social utility.
– Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, enhanced noise cancellation to offset background noise, a low-distortion speakerphone.
– BlackBerry Internet Service support that allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts.
– BlackBerry Enterprise Server support for enterprise deployments, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.