Nokia India just hit us up notifying about the charger recall program for the Indian consumers. In India, the recall program is only applicable for Nokia 7210 Supernova users who bought the device from June 15 – August 9, 2009. Affected users will be given new replacements at no extra charge.
A. IDENTIFYING CHARGERS TO BE EXCHANGED (only if you have bought a Nokia 7210 after June 15, 2009): Consumers can identify whether their chargers are a part of the Charger exchange program in thee ways:
1. A simple 3-step SMS solution:
Step-1: Every charger has a 27 digit code printed on it. Consumers are requested to Please Key in (CHG) SPACE (the 27 digit in the serial number of the charger). Eg. CHG 4956279274091613752;0675370
Step-2: Please send this to 55555
Step-3: Consumers will then get a reply from Nokia ‘via sms’ that will inform them whether their charger is included in this exchange program
This easy three step process will take a few minutes.
2. Starting November 10, 2009, consumers can also walk into any Nokia Care Center or any Nokia Priority Dealership store (NPDs) across the country and check if their chargers are a part of this exchange program.
3. Consumers can also log into to http://chargerexchange.nokia.com
B. EXCHANGING IDENTIFIED CHARGERS:
For exchanging their chargers, consumers have the following two options:
1. Visit the nearest Nokia Care Centre: Replacement chargers are available at the 700+ exclusive Nokia Care Centers only across the country starting November 10, 2009.
For more information on Nokia Care Centers, consumers can call 30303838 with the Local STD code of the city that he/ she is dialing from.
2. Consumers can also fill in their address and contact details online on http://chargerexchange.nokia.com
Nokia recommends consumers with chargers within the scope of this exchange program to stop using the charger and exchange it for a free replacement at the earliest.
Why do batteries gradually lose their ability to hold a charge?