Sadly, this isn’t the first time we are hearing an incident like this. A guy working at a Lenovo shop in Guangzhou, China was recently killed after his mobile phone battery exploded. The phone was placed in his shirt pocket and the sudden phone explosion injured the major artery of his neck, leaving him in a pool of blood.
The other colleague working at the shop said that the victim had bought a new battery for his phone and kept in his pocket after recharging it.
The phone’s make and battery is not revealed but this case highly points out to the use of unbranded batteries.